Saturday, November 3, 2012

1 Week Water & JBCO Update.

It's been said time and time again that moisture is the key for hair growth and length retention. So what my roommate (who is also natural) and I have been doing is buying tons of bottled water (because DC water is nasty) and trying to drink at least 2 bottles a day and stay close to 4 bottles. It's only been one week and I've noticed a great difference in my hair.

It's been breaking a lot less (which could also be because I don't do manipulate it as often) and I can already tell that it's gotten longer even though I just trimmed it 2 weeks ago. I wish I had a before and after picture but I don't and I'm currently deep conditioning with my room mates heat cap. Apart from hair, my skin and nails look a lot better.

I guess the reason why we started this water thing was because she had to go to the hospital and they put her on a saline IV drip and found out she was really dehydrated. Anyway, she went through about 6 bags and one week later, she had almost 2 inches of new growth. TWO INCHES. So we started drinking tons of water because obviously, moisture (inside and out) is the key to growth.

Another thing, although I also take JBCO into account, is the thickness. MY GOODNESS my hair has gotten so much thicker in such little time. In addition to drinking water and spraying my hair with water, I massage JBCO (Jamaican Black Castor Oil) into my scalp twice a day and seal my ends at night. I absolutely love the result!

So I'll check in again at my 1 month checkpoint with some results and hopefully some pictures.

Tip: Try putting in oils right after you've showered (whether or not you've washed your hair). The steam opens up your follicles so when you apply the oil, it absorbs more readily into your hair/scalp.

1 comment:

  1. I have been using JBCO for about 2 weeks now and I have definitely noticed some growth around my edges. The hair is fine but evident, I try to use it on my edges at least daily and I grease my scalp with it a few times a week. Will definitely continue to use it!

    ReplyDelete