Saturday, September 15, 2012

Campus Curlie: Marquita


What is your name?  Marquita
What year are you in college/grad school? 3rd year full time chemistry doctoral student
How old are you? 24
What college do/did you attend? Jackson State University
How long have you been natural? About a year and a half
What is/was your go to style while in college? The puff with or without a pompadour and if it is hot outside, wash and go.
What is your normal hair regimen?  I moisturize (water based, cream based, then seal with oil) minimum every two days, I drink plenty of water and try to eat plenty of vegetables.  I wash my hair every week and a half to two weeks.  I deep condition and do a protein treatment (my hair has been shedding a lot lately) every time I wash my hair.  I clarify my hair monthly.  I sleep on a satin pillow case nightly.  I do not use heat in my hair (I tried it twice with AWFUL results).  
Do you feel like you had to modify your regimen to make time for school?  I used to wash my hair weekly but now that my hair is longer it takes it forever to dry so I wash it every two weeks.  In addition, I wear two strand twists more often.  One, I feel more comfortable doing so now that my hair is longer but two I can keep them in for like two weeks and they stay nicely.
What is your hair type? I have mix of 4a and 4b but mostly 4b and tad of 4c in random spots. I have atrocious shrinkage and my hair is fine textured.
What are your favorite products and for what styles? Currently, my favorite style is a high puff.  However, I have recently fallen in love with a stretched twist out I tried using Naptural85's method. As for products, I am a product junkie! It's because I am still learning what works well on my hair.  Clarifying shampoo: V05.  Moisturizing shampoo:  Nexxus or Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus,  Conditioner:  Nexxus Humectress, Deep Conditioner:  My homemade shea butter mix and Shea Moisture's Shea Butter Reconstructive Conditioner, Protein Treatment:  Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayo,  Leave In: Infusium 23 Moisture type and Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Strengthener.
I usually do dry twistouts with a bit of the Mizani H2O Intensive or Ganier Fructis Leave-In Cream Conditioner.  My daily spritz consists of water, glycerin, and bit of aloe vera juice, EVOO, jojoba oil, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, and argan oil. I am currently trying to use up all of the products that I have. 
Do you have a favorite youtube vlogger? Naptural85 and NaturallyCandi

Where can we find you? http://chemicalsatire.tumblr.com/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment