Thursday, July 19, 2012

First Impression || Terresentials Organic Mud Wash


Okay so I've always wanted to try the Terresentials Mud Wash ever since I saw my favorite Natural Hair Vlogger, Naptural85 rave about it. I finally ordered it about 2 weeks ago and tried it as soon as I got it.
Some background info: I have 4a hair around the front, 4b in the middle and 4c in the back.

 As you can see, I was pretty damn excited. Anyway, I used the mudwash like I used regular shampoo or conditioner. I parted my wet hair in sections, raked it through and then smoothed it onto my hair. There is a detox period of about 7 days but it requires you to wash your hair 3 times each day and I didn't want to waste my product or my time so I just left it on for 60 minutes and rinsed out. After letting my hair air dry, I noticed that my hair was stretched, moisturized and very soft even though I had NO PRODUCT in my hair. I didn't even condition because the website said not to and I wanted to follow the instructions as closely as possible.

Anyway, I like the product a lot but I feel like I'll only use it as a cleansing masque once every two weeks because the website tells you to use mostly natural products with the mud wash. I have a lot of products that are both au naturale and not so natural and I can't just throw them out or stop using them. The Terresentials product is great. I purchased the lavender scent mud wash, which smelled wonderful. It left my hair stretched and soft but it is expensive ($19.50/8oz if you count shipping) and it would require me to drop most of my other products. However my hair was VERY clean and was not stripped at all. It washes out very well too and there was almost no need for detangling after. My mom actually asked if I had a little blow out because my hair was so stretched when it had dried. The product is completely organic and certified by the USDA.
I can see why it works so well for Naptural85 though because most, if not all, of the products she uses on her hair are natural/organic/homemade so why not?

Anyway, I give Terresentials an 8/10 for a first impression. Below, you can find a link to their website and Naptural85's video review of the product.

Terresentials Website - http://www.terressentials.com/haircare.html
Naptural85's video review - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR3n1GCQQQk

No comments:

Post a Comment