Monday, August 13, 2012

Tress Talk: Different Views

Saturday was my last day of working for the summer. It was busy and I taking payments when this woman told me she loved my hair. Of course, I thanked her. I love getting compliments on my hair. But I've noticed that when my hair was in a weave, or flat ironned, I didn't receive that many compliments on it at all, apart from my friends who wore weaves, asking me where I got my latest fix done.

So since I was leaving, I asked one of my managers who always had something nice to say about my hair, especially when it was in an afro, why he liked it so much. His reply was: "I don't know, it's ... different. You don't really see that many women walking around with soft fluffy afros. Most people's hair is usually straight or in loose curls, and even that gets boring quickly."

Ever since I went natural, I've been getting a lot more compliments on my hair style and texture from people of all different races whether its fro'd up, twisted out or braided down. A lot of people say I look younger, but somehow more mature with my natural hair and I've actually been noticing that people have been taking me more seriously ever since I quit the relaxer.

Now I'm not saying people with relaxers or weaves aren't taken seriously, this is just me and my experiences.

So here's a question for you naturals, have you seen a difference in how people view you ever since you changed up your look?

No comments:

Post a Comment