Friday, August 17, 2012

Product Review || Jamaican Black Castor Oil



This product is basically a staple in the regimen's of many naturals and relaxed men and women all over the world, for many years. I've heard a lot of hype about it and so I decided to test it out myself and see if it lives up to the hype.

Ingredients: Jamaican Black Castor Oil


Smell- Regular: Has a smoky type of scent. Lavender: Smells like the Lavender Terresentials Mud Wash (see review here: Terresentials Review)

Consistency- THICK. Definitely try using this with an applicator bottle and a little goes a long way.

True to the hype?- Yes. This definitely helped with scalp irritations. 

Availability- May be available in some Beauty Supply Stores but its hard to find. Your best luck would be online on Amazon or at Sams Caribbean Superstore.

Price- Varies by who is selling it but it's usually over $10 for the 8oz and maybe around $6-7 for the 4oz. At Sams Carribbean Superstore it's about $9.99 + Shipping & Tax.

Final Thoughts-  My first time trying it was when my aunt gave me a little bit to try in an empty bowl. At first, it seemed like it increased my scalp irritations but after a week or so, my scalp felt better than ever. I used it for about a month, and my hair grew about 1inch in that one month. CRAZY!! But pay attention: THIS PRODUCT WILL NOT NOW OR EVER GROW YOUR HAIR. It may stimulate your scalp, but not increase your rate of hair growth. It's probably because since I was applying to my hair, I was massaging it into my scalp (which is very good for growth stimulation, and feels amazing). I would definitely buy this again when my 8oz bottle finishes. I actually just bought it on amazon a couple of weeks ago. It was the Lavender scented one, but some people don't like the smell of lavender so it really depends on your taste. The Lavender scented bottle does not smell as smoky. You can use this with your favorite deep conditioner, or for a nice scalp massage. It's also great for sealing your ends. 

You can watch my video review right below. Rate, Comment your opinions and Subscribe. 

**Like all products, this is strictly my experience. Using it is up to your own discretion.**

Peace&Love!

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Its really Nice review about Jamaican Black Castor. Its really nice product for beautiful, healthy and long hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An inch in one month is pretty impressive, hair tends to grow at 1/2 inch a month.

    ReplyDelete